Monday, March 4, 2013

Salon vs. Drugstore Brands

 John Frieda: Drugstore
 Aquage: Salon
 Paul Mitchell: Salon

So, I have a lot of friends and family that will ask me what is better...salon brands or drugstore brands in haircare? Personally, I think that professionals have a better idea what they're doing and what they're talking about. If you plan on dying your hair, you should probably take the plunge that could be over $60 rather than take the risk that could be only up to $20. Drugstore dyes may be becoming easier and easier to apply but the outcome doesn't always come out that great. Get someone who knows what they're doing to dye your hair...you will not regret it, I promise! As far as shampoos, conditioners, and styling products it is all a matter of preference. Because I love most Paul Mitchell products, I definitely think salon brands are better because you get what you pay for. Some people do not believe in paying extra for the well-being of their hair (I truly don't understand that, your hair is very important) so they may think drugstore brands are better. My favorite salon brands are Paul Mitchell and Aquage, and my favorite drugstore brands are John Frieda and Not Your Mother's.


No comments:

Post a Comment