Monday, February 18, 2013

Product Review: Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint!

So this weekend, I got my hands on Paul Mitchell's Lavender Mint Shampoo & Conditioner from the Tea Tree line. I must say, this is probably the best stuff I've ever used! In the Tea Tree line, the Tea Tree is supposed to be soothing and tingly, with pure tea tree ingredients. The Lavender Mint is the moisturizing version, and is made up of lavender, mint, and tea tree. Finally, the Lemon Sage is thickening and has tea tree like the others. Because I have thick, coarse hair, I decided to try the Lavender Mint. I was suffering from dry ends, a dry, itchy scalp, and tons of frizz to go with it. It was obvious my hair needed some TLC, and I've always loved Paul Mitchell products. Before, I used John Frieda Brilliant Brunette products used to nourish my hair and make my color vibrant. I have found that the Lavender Mint does a way better job of nourishing, and my color looks silky and fresh. When I first used the shampoo, I used about a quarter sized amount and worked it into a thick lather. It was soothing and refreshing, and the lather was tingly on my scalp. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt clean and not weighed down, but it didn't feel stripped of nutrients. Then, I used the conditioner and I am not lying this was the best thing I've ever used. I used 5 pumps (the pumps are small, and I have thick hair!), and I worked the conditioner through my hair, starting from the tips and working my way up. I then massaged my scalp, and my whole head started to relax and my hair felt softer than it ever had before. I rinsed the conditioner out, then I got out of the shower and squeezed the extra water out. My hair was damp, so I used my Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum (See my diffuser post for a brief description of how I use it!) and I did NOT brush or comb my hair, just finger combed. My hair dried soft, sleek, and frizz free. This is over all the best thing I have ever used, I would recommend it to people with thick, coarse, frizz-prone, or dry hair. I would NOT suggest it to people with thin hair, but I would suggest one of the other types from the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment